Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Good

It's been about a year and 1/2 since I last wrote and published I think.  I hibernated and hid, at least creatively.  So much has happened since then.  Went through some tough landscapes for a bit, but thankfully things always change.  I've lived 3 years in the SF area now, and I can honestly say that I love it and am very happy here.  Attached are a few shots from America's Cup during the gripping time before we knew who was going to keep or take the Cup.  It was a dream to witness some of these races live.  Not to mention the fact that some of those sailors make me sit up and take notice, and then swoon ever so slightly.  And, the final shot is a black and white pic of the sunrise from this morning as I got on the 7:10am ferry in Sausalito....bleary eyed but happy..my morning commute into the city where I go to the job that I love.  No horns. Just peace.  And, the occasional sighting of a sea lion's whiskers peaking above the water's surface,  and gulls that glide along and pace the boat while we pass through the gate.

Til next time.....Ash

PS...the music selection is a nod to Marina Shifrin, the woman who quit her job earlier this week and submitted her resignation via video with a musical score by Kanye West....Marina created her communique one late night in which clearly she was on a creative bender that makes all other creative benders look like child's play.

America's Cup Park

The win on Saturday 9/14/13; and then everything changed

Morning commute; 7:10am Tuesday 10/1/13

No comments:

Post a Comment